The Chaps

  • Home

  • You can be a guest contributor to our blog and any stories or articles that you would want to see on our blog., please do mail it to us.. of course the credit to the story goes to you on the blog.
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Labels
    Widgets
    RSS Feed : Feed on our posts

     Subscribe in a reader




    Links
    Search Engines
    Google
    Windows Live Search
    Ask.com
    Yahoo
    Quintura
    MSN Search

    Free Blog Platforms
    Blogger
    Wordpress.com
    Windows Spaces
    Blogsome
    Live Journal
    Xanga
    Blogdrive
    Rediffblogs

    Not So Free Blog Platforms
    Wordpress.Org
    Typepad
    Movable Type

    Blog Templates
    Blogskins
    Blogger Templates
    Ehsany templates
    Isnani
    Noipo
    Blogger Templates(org)
    Blogspot templates
    Gecko n Fly
    Free Templates
    Thurs templates
    Pannasmontata

    Song Lyrics
    AZLyrics (English)
    Lyrics Freak (E)
    Lyrics On Demand (E)
    Hindi Lyrix (Hindi)
    Bollywood Lyrics (H)
    Telugu Biz (Telugu)
    Tamil Lyrics

    Movie Reviews n Info
    IMDB
    Yahoo Movies
    Movies.Com
    Indiamovie
    Planet Bollywood
    Khoj
    Sunday, December 17, 2006
    Changing ways !!!
    thinks Deadeye...,

    I stopped my car in the lane beside café bahar. It was 5:20 in the morning and I had no clue what I was up to. It was cold and dark outside and I pushed my seat back thinking to have a small catnap until 6. I smiled thinking about the story of a guy who turned from innocent to indifferent within six years. Well, it’s not my opinion but it was what people called him coz you will never be able to accept any guy who ignores you right on your face. It started this way….



    I have been gathering few facts for the past 2 days and I wasn’t surprised looking at the results of few surveys conducted. One of those surveys included a question “According to you what’s the latest thing happening around?”

    Change – 46%
    Money – 22%
    Social Service – 19%
    Traffic – 7%
    Others – 6%

    What surprised me was the social service factor. Majority of the youth who started earning are into social service. Feels good to see that our generation is being part of such acts where people are driving themselves to engage or join hands with NGO’s where there are no selfish reasons behind. I was quite impressed with a show named "The scholar" which was aired on “star world”. A reality television show that offered college scholarships as prizes. Ten high-achieving high school seniors compete for a full scholarship to the University of their Choice in a competition that tested their skills in academics, leadership, and school spirit and community service.
    One of my office colleagues addresses even a waiter at a restaurant as “sir “. I asked him “don’t you think it’s sarcastic?”…he answered “ I have no intentions of being sarcastic and I really mean it.” He says “ koi bhi aadmi bada ya chota nahi hota..it’s only the work which he does is big or small and we should never underestimate anyone.” I was really happy and surprised listening to his answer. I mean, we all gossip or bitch around someone or the other at some point of time..it can be your boss, lecturer or friend. However, I feel that these things should not be discussed in public; after all we are speaking about a person’s character. An example is, TV shows like MTV roadies…wherein it is also conducted on a similar level excluding academics, but you would find nothing except gossips or speaking about everyone’s character when the actual motto behind the show is different above tht you know the whole world is watching you. In fact, there are many good things which we can learn from those kinds of shows also but how many of us are being influenced by it?? When asked we all will confidently answer..” It’s part o the game”. But is the game being played fairly enough?? …..mmm, im nt sure.

    Moving to my personal side of life, the guy who was called indifferent and rude was none other than me. I felt no weird and wonderful when I was called like that. “Success does not come by pleasing everyone”. This was the statement which influenced me a lot and brought a change in my outlook However, I do not want to go in detail about this now. It’s all about the change factor which most of us know and face at some point of time in our lives. No wonder why our generations thinks CHANGE as one of the key things happening around.

    Labels:




    @ 11:08 AM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Talk to us

    Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

    Site Search

    Blogroll
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates
    Modified by :Dude Hyderabadi
    All Images hosted at

    BLOGGER



    © Collated Thoughts...... proudly powered by Blogger.